Finally I have found a use for my swallow silhouettes…
The Small Town Bags are still packaged in the classic brown paper bags but now they are decorated with cut-out map swallows.
Using my pile of mis-printed maps I cut miniature versions of my wall-art swallows and spray-glued them to the paper bags. To close the bags I use an old stamp (torn off from sent letters).
My five favourite things about this new wrapping are:
1) The look and effect I think is really great.
2) I am taking a boring brown paper bag and making it special.
3) I am recycling, reusing and upcycling.
4) All Wren packaging now has a common theme: maps.
5) The irony of this packaging: maps, swallows, bag traveling to you…..