At Wren we are committed to challenging the perceived limits of materials. This happens to be paper and we have now developed a face mask that helps protect you and others.
Made out of a single piece of packaging paper fused to brushed cotton with a unique origami design that has several shape fitting folds. The chin folds can be adjusted for a his or hers comfortable fit by moving fold point in or outwards. The mask ties with a single cotton tie around the back of your head.
Coated paper with Nano Silver that has Antimicrobial properties that lasts between 6 and 12 months. After this period please dispose responsibly or return to us at THE WREN STUDIO in Muizenberg to be recoated.
Care instructions: After use wipe down the surface with a cloth made damp with soapy water and iron.
Curious about how this product was developed? Check out our instagram “facemaskmaking” highlight featuring all the prototypes that led up to the final design. This design had proposed titles such as Bane, Empire, Avengers…. you can take on the world with a mask like this! During the trial we had several people give us thumbs up in queues. This mask makes people smile!
More about the coating: All Wren products are coated with an environmentally friendly coating that makes the paper surface Hydrophobic (water repellant) and Oleophobic (oil repellent). The special coating applied to the outer surface of Wren’s Paper Face Masks also makes them anti-microbial (99% germ protection).
- No refunds or returns on masks.
- Please note that our masks are not tested or certified as medical or surgical grade, they are not filtered and they will not prevent you from contracting viruses such as coronavirus.
- For orders placed from outside of South Africa, we will only be able to ship after lockdown.
- Made in Cape Town- we are upholding strict cleaning procedures and are closed to the public.
- Masks are made-to-order. Making generally takes a day and courier times vary, but typically 1-4 working days. We will do our best to get your masks to you as quickly as possible.
You can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus to others if you:
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
- Wear a face mask when outside your home
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean (and if you are wearing your Wren face mask, try not to touch it as well to ensure that the coating’s life is extended as long as possible).