Our backpacks are made from unprinted brown paper that is collected from a local factory in South Africa. Once at our studio in Cape Town, we fuse the paper to fabric and send this “paper material” to our teams of sewers to make up the bags with strong cotton webbing straps. This cotton is locally manufactured and dyed charcoal in South Africa.
Once the bags are back at our studio, we check the quality and coat them with Nano Liquid Glass so that they are water resistant and able to withstand nature’s elements. The final touches are the punching of branded press-studs – because details matter – to make sure that the bag closes securely, the attaching of tip ends and finally attaching the tag. This process takes a while and each bag is handled by at least five people who take great care to ensure that at each stage quality standards are adhered to. No seam can be unpicked and re-stitched! There is only one opportunity to get a bag right so it must be done correctly from the beginning. This makes each bag a handmade work of artistry.
Features of Natural Cotton Backpack:
- Two layers of reclaimed brown cement paper
- Paper fused to fabric (outer layer fused to cotton twill fabric that is extra thick)
- Two 100% Cotton webbing shoulder straps
- Top handle to carry the bag
- Tip ends (on straps)
- Secure press stud closure (two on the outside flap and one inside)
- Inside pocket
- Padded base
- Coated with Nano liquid glass
There are no reviews yet.