I absolutely ADORE this new bag … for several hundred reasons …
1. It is the perfect all day, everyday market bag. I am not a ‘big bag’ person but I have not been able to get my Organic Coffee Sling Bag off my shoulder. I am too attached. I can fit everything into it and it does not look full or empty on my shoulder. It just looks great!
2. It is 100% environmentally friendly. The main fabric is a RECYCLED Jute coffee sack, the lining is certified ORGANIC Hemp canvas of the highest quality (it is the fabric that Rembrandt and Van Gogh created their masterpieces on), the very sweet big Wren wooden buttons close the bag and there are 3 great pockets inside that my Moleskine diary fits into perfectly. …and that’s not all: My laptop sits in the bag both lengthwise and upright!
3. Each bag has it’s own special uniqueness and story. There are bags from Zambia, Guatamala, Brazil, India ….all over. They are also from FAIR TRADE farms which is nice to know. I especially love this mark on one of the bags: “Save the Amazon Use Jute”.
4. When I do take the bag off my shoulder I do not have to worry about the fabric getting dirty. It is such an happy-go-lucky-bag.
5. The tactile quality of this bag is so interesting. The Jute is rough to touch but I cannot stop hugging the bags none-the-less (and Mischief, my cat, takes every opportunity to curl up asleep on them). They have been worn soft by their journeys and the roughness is not scratchy or hard. The Hemp heavy-duty canvas is also the perfect match becuase it stabilizes the open weave of the jute, is strong but soft and smooth. The bag also has a great smell – with a hint of coffee.
6. The two sides of the bag are completely different. I can turn the bag around and it looks like another bag. For example, the two pictures below are from the same bag.
I cannot rave enough about the Organic Coffee Sling Bag. I battled taking photographs of them for my online shop/s because they each have a personality (and the bags refused to stay perfectly symmetrical). They are made to be worn, used and loved.
Go and see the ‘Organic Coffee Sling Bag’ in my etsy and dawanda shop.